Luxurious cruising is the trend of the season. With pristine destinations in the itinerary, cruise lines are offering lucrative packages this season to explore unconventional destinations. As tour operators and travel agents see margins being eroded by high taxation and increasing competition between online travel portals, the industry is looking forward to a new alliance among cruise professionals, travel agents and tour operators.
According to travelandtourworld.com, here’s a list of top 5 most popular cruise destinations across the globe:
1) Bahamas : Explore the enchanting beauty of the pristine destination on board luxurious cruises. On a Bahamas cruise with Royal Caribbean International, you’ll get to swim with dolphins and tropical fish in turquoise waters, or soar above the sea in a parasail. Then explore the islands’ thrilling history as a pirate haven and one-time “Privateer’s Republic”—with Blackbeard himself as the magistrate. It’s a slice of pirate paradise you’ll never forget.
2) Venezuela: Oceania cruises offers great discounts and affordable cruising in Venezuela.
Here’s the itinerary of MSC Cruises, MSC Musica: 18 Nights -Italy, France, Spain, Portugal, Barbados, Trinidad And Tobago, Venezuela, Martinique, Saint Lucia, Guadeloupe
18 Days – Starting in Genoa with stops in Marseille, Valencia, Cadiz, Funchal, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Bridgetown, Port of Spain, MARGARITA IS., Fort de France, Castries, Pointe-a-Pitre
2014 Sails: Nov 17
3) Antarctica : For an unconventional cruising experience set sail on a cruise to Antarctica. Tauck’s recent partnership with BBC Earth (producer of acclaimed nature documentaries like Planet Earth and Life) has birthed special “Earth Journeys,” debuting next year. Sample the new cruise product aboard the 12-night “Antarctica” journey, leaving from Ushuaia, Argentina, with Antarctic stops in Elephant Island, Deception Island, Port Lockroy, and Paulet Island. Itineraries will be enhanced with screenings of exclusive BBC Earth-produced Antarctica documentary films, along with special filmmaker technologies like thermal-imaging and pole-mounted underwater cameras, long-distance microphones, and more.
Set Sail: Cruise embarks December 7, 2014, aboard the 264-passenger Le Soleal; rates from $9,265/person, including guided excursions, gratuities, beverages, and pre-cruise two-night hotel stay in Buenos Aires.
4) Danube: Premier river cruise line Avalon Waterways is unveiling an “Austrian Highlights & Bavaria Beer Tasting” itinerary that’s extremely fascinating. The 8-night fall voyage, cruising the Danube from Vienna to Munich, will feature stops throughout Austria and Bavaria, and hone in on regional beers with special onboard tastings, brew-themed lectures, and food-and-beer pairing dinners, as well as in-port, beer-focused stops like to the Kuchlbauer World of Beer or the German Hop Museum in Bavaria.
Set Sail: Cruise embarks October 13, 2014, aboard the new 128-passenger Avalon Artistry II; rates from $2,739/person, including excursions and select beverages (with wine and beer at dinner).
5) Galapagos Islands: The Galapagos Islands are home to an abundant variety of unique wildlife – species found nowhere else on earth. And now, you can explore this remarkable destination in way that too is unlike any other – onboard a truly extraordinary Galapagos cruise. Introducing Silversea Expeditions’ second ship, Silver Galapagos, offers two distinct 7-day itineraries.
So, set sail on exotic waters this season for a blissful experience.